Ceramic Pro Care and Maintenance
Yearly inspection and maintenance package is required to maintain your warranty and rejuvenate hydrophobic effect.
Ceramic Pro amongst other things is designed to protect your factory clear coat. It is tremendously effective at doing so. However, it is not bulletproof and will require basic maintenance. With simple care your coating will reward you for many, many, many years to come.
THINGS YOU MUST AVOID DURING THE CURING PROCESS (from 2 to 3 weeks):
Curing time is 2-3 weeks depending on environmental conditions such as humidity and temperature.
– Sprinklers. The coating will protect your clear coat from water spots. The coating is less likely to etch than your factory clear but it can get spots during the curing process and can be costly to remove.
– Parking under a shedding tree
– Allowing bird droppings, sap, pollen to sit on the car and bake in the sun- Washing or abrading the paint.
If you notice that your car gets water spots, bird droppings, tree sap etc. during these two weeks immediately remove it following our care instructions. Keep in mind the coating is softer so work on the paint very gently.
WASHING YOUR CAR AT HOME
Ceramic Pro is extremely slick meaning most things will dissolve and be pulled off by Ceramic Pro’s self cleaning effect. Minimizing rubbing (especially with a dry towel) on the coating will ensure the best looks and longevity. Dry Bird droppings, bugs and tree sap can be dissolved using alcohol type solvents that would harm traditional sealants and then wiped off with a damp microfiber.
- For best results wash with recommended soaps: No Rinse / Waterless Wash or any PH neutral (mild) general purpose cleaner on a bi-weekly basis to avoid excessive contamination build up.
- Avoid washing in direct sunlight to minimize streaking and water spotting.
- Wash from the top down leaving the dirtiest sections for last to avoid cross contamination.
- Use separate soap and sponge/mitt/towel for wheels to prevent cross contamination.
- Always dry completely and never leave to “air” dry. Tap water contains minerals that may leave deposits creating water spots.
- Only use quality microfiber towels for best results and avoid aggressive wiping, allowing the material to absorb the water.
- Never use aggressive products to polish the coating or remove surface contamination.
- Never use excessive force to remove spots.
- Bird droppings, tar, sap, etc. should be removed as soon as possible to avoid temporary staining or hardening on the coating. Any staining left behind from the bird droppings will break down over a few days without affecting the coating.
Do not wax the coating. It is unnecessary and the wax will not bond to the coating. Instead we advise you to use Ceramic Pro Sport our maintenance product.
Always go to a touch free wash! Using an automated car wash with brushes/clothes will void the warranty and dull the coating. Ceramic Pro 9H takes up to 2 weeks to achieve full hardness. Please handle with care and do not wash the vehicle for the first 2 weeks.